DC Universe Online
One of my tasks while working on DC Universe Online included:
- Setting up the player villain safehouses, and player cities which include the Hall of Doom and the Watchtower
- Placing all ambient NPCs, implementing and scripting AI, setting up and implementing interactive conversation cameras, naming of NPCs, placing of some quest NPCs and all vendors for villain safe-houses and villain player city (Hall of Doom)
- Writing and implementing temp vo and working closely with editorial to ensure all vo and text fits the style guide and DC cannon
- Placing mail boxes and tour kiosks, implementing exit and entrance triggers for safe-houses and villain player city
- Scripting and setting up guided tours/tutorial for the hero and villain player cities
- Creating incidental encounters which are random encounters which add some flavor to the open world
- Creating special iconic villain and hero reveal encounters
Below are videos displaying some of the work listed above.
Tour of Hall of Doom
Tour of The Watchtower
Here is an incidental encounter I created which involved a generic hero I created called 'Titanic Trenton'. Titanic Trenton is found bragging to some on lookers and as a villain you can go and beat him up and then the citizens will walk away commenting on their disappointment. Below is a video that a player captured which shows some of the encounter. Forward to the 1:27 mark to see it. There was also a cool little forum thread started by players at GameFaqs DCUO forum page.
Killer-Croc Reveal Encounter